People’s comfort food ranges from chicken noodle soup to ice cream. My favorite dish when I’m extremely hungover or just feeling a little sick is this wonderful creamy tomato tuna pasta. You may choose to top it with cheese and pop it in the oven, or serve it with shaved parmesan and garnish with roughly chopped parsley. It’s extremely easy to make, and doesn’t take more that 20 minutes!
Creamy Tomato Tuna Pasta
- 1/2 kg Penne Pasta
- 2 Cans of Tuna in Oil
- 1 Can Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- Handful of Chopped Parsley
- Shaved Parmesan
- Cook the pasta a minute less than instructed on the packaging. Don’t forget to add salt to the water!
- While pasta is cooking, sauté the tuna in oil. After two minutes, add garlic powder, chili flakes, and tomato soup. Reduce for 10 minutes on medium heat. Should be simmering, not boiling. Taste frequently, and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Once pasta is done, drain and add to the tomato sauce. Mix well and let pasta absorb the sauce for 5 minutes. Take off the heat once done.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan, and parsley.
And it’s done!
I hope you guys enjoy my little take on this pasta. Bon appetit! 🙂