I love cooking for my boyfriend, and I try to introduce him to different Asian dishes. Among all of them, this is his favorite! It takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook (not including the marinade time). It’s super easy and very delicious. Perfect for bento box lunches and quick dinners.
Hope you enjoy!
Korean Pork Bulgogi
- 1 Pound Tenderloin Pork, Thin Strips
- Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Mirin
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Onion, Chopped Into Wedges
- ½ Garlic Bulb, Minced
- 2 Teaspoon Ginger, Grated
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Chopped Chives (for garnish)
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, mirin, cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Add the pork and onions. Marinate for at least an hour. You can leave in the fridge overnight, if you prefer.
- With a large pan, add some olive oil. In batches, cook the pork and onion until brown. About 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pork.
- Sprinkle some chopped chives for garnish.
Place rice in a bowl and top it with the bulgogi! Yummy!
TIPS: Besides rice, you can serve it with kimchi and lettuce to make a wrap. For the garnish, instead of chives, you can also use chopped spring onions or toasted sesame seeds.