I have a huge obsession with Chipotle guacamole. However, it’s so expensive and of course, cannot be found in Tokyo so I finally decided to make my own. I experimented with a lot of ingredients until I found my perfect recipe! I like using lemon as opposed to lime because I think it has a sweeter and milder taste. I try to avoid real pepper because I’m not a fan of the taste. I use chili powder instead for the spicy kick. Hope you guys enjoy this too!
- 3 Diced Hass Avocados
- ½ Finely Minced Red Onion
- 1 Juiced Lemon
- Chili Powder & Salt (to taste)
- Bunch of Chopped Cilantro
- Prepare the avocados for mashing. Slice the avocado in half. Remove the pit and slice each part in half again. Peel the skin. Chop into pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Finely mince the red onion and cilantro. Add to the bowl with avocados.
- Add the juice of one lemon.
- Add salt and chili powder to taste.
- Mash all of the ingredients together leaving some chunks.
Serve with tortilla chips and it’s done!
TIPS: It’s better to peel the avocados than scrape the flesh out. It will keep the greener part of the flesh intact and that’s where all the nutrients are. To keep the guacamole from browning if you’re keeping it for the next day, use plastic wrap pressed close to the surface and top off with an airtight lid.